Sunday 22 January 2012

Let's Mess Around


messy-updo

 The messy bun. The ultimate in CBA chic.. I, personally, love this, because it means I don't actually have to make much of an effort...but it still looks good. (NB: looks very impressive when you're hanging and you've woken up with your hair a worse version of what it looked like when you got in at five this morning!)


 I've always tried to get the art of this just right...and often failing. But the trick, I feel, is to rush when you're doing it. OK, maybe not actually rush, but just don't be too careful. Because the point is it looks messy... not perfectly pinned and pristine.


 cupcakes and cashmere gives a thorough 'how-to' guide to a messy kinda ponytail. I would recommend that for a bun, you wrap the hair around the base of the ponytail to create the bun you want. It's very important that you don't try and make this perfect... practice will give you the technique you need!


Jessica Alba at
becomegorgeous.com
 I'm not sure about the length of my own hair at the moment, and I have quite wavy hair, so brushing it just creates a puffy, frizzy look, so this is perfect for when I don't have much time/CBA/hanging/whatevs.
Here are some examples that you can try...




fancypantsy.wordpress.com

Jennifer Love-Hewitt at
sugarscape.com

So, just have a comb, hairspray and a lot of hairpins to hand, and get practising!!

Bea xo

No comments:

Post a Comment